© All rights reserved
Best Split Queen Mattress and Accessories (30"x80")
What is a “split queen” mattress and where can you buy one?
If you are looking for where to buy a split queen mattress online you have come to the right place. With a rise in the online mattress trend over recent years, you are now able to easily purchase more custom and odd sized mattresses, including the split queen size (30″x80″). You probably came across this post because you either have a split queen adjustable base or you have a queen size bed and two sleepers with different comfort preferences. A split queen mattress gives you the option to break up a queen into 2 pieces without having to increase the size the the more common split king option. If you have been in the market for a split queen mattress you have probably realized that they are not very common in the marketplace. Luckily, we have done all the research for you and have listed our top picks for the best options on where to buy a split queen bed online. Our list includes everything from luxury options to customizable options and budget friendly picks. We have done our best to make sure that by the end of this post you know who sells split queens and which mattress will suit your needs best.
Top 5: Best Split Queen Mattresses
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
High quality natural latex mattress at an affordable price. Greenguard gold certified.
The Natural Bliss latex mattress by PlushBeds is their most affordable latex mattress that is available in the split queen option. The Natural Bliss allows you to get the luxury feel and health benefits of all natural latex while still also being at an affordable price when it comes to the latex market. This mattress is available in a variety of thicknesses from 6″ to 10″ and also allows you to choose your comfort level from soft to extra firm. If you do not know your comfort level we recommend choosing the medium-firm option as this is best for about 80% of of sleepers and is built to be the most forgiving for all sleeping types. Plush Beds has a strict focus on chemical free mattresses and has been an industry leader in the latex mattress market for years. Their combination of quality materials and affordable prices is what makes this mattress our top pick and our favorite option for a split queen.
BEST MEMORY FOAM OPTION
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
Comfortable 2-sided memory foam mattress for all sleep preferences.
Great reviews (over 200 5-star reviews).
(for one half. Need to buy 2 to make a queen)
8" Thick - $499
11" Thick - $669
The Luxury Gel Foam Mattress by Mattress Insider is a quality memory foam mattress at a great price. If you enjoy the unique feel of memory foam then this mattress is a great option for you. Mattress Insider has made their most popular memory foam mattress available in a split queen size (30″x80″) as well as pretty much any custom size you can imagine. This mattress comes with adjustable comfort capabilities, allowing customers to flip the mattress or rearrange the memory foam layers in order to adjust their firmness level. The cooling gel foam helps to regulate the sleeping temperature to help keep you sleeping cool during hot summer months. Lastly, Mattress insider has added an organic cotton cover giving a luxuriously soft and health friendly sleeping environment.
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
All organic materials. Adjustable layers for different comforts.
The Botanical Bliss mattress is the ultimate in luxury and organic materials. The latex layers can also be adjusted to make the mattress firmer or softer. This allows each sleeper in the split queen set up to have different comfort levels. Plush beds has made this mattress by adhering to the strictest organic regulations so you can be sure your sleep environment is free of chemical additives. Plush beds has been in the industry for many years and is an industry leader in latex and organic sleep options. They are also one of the only manufacturers that offers their sleep product in split queen and other odd sizes. If you are looking for the ultimate in term of a luxury split queen mattress then this is the best of the best that money can buy.
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
A great mattress for back pain and for those who dislike the feel of an all foam mattress.
PRICE (for one side): $417
The park meadow mattress is a great split queen mattress option for customers suffering from back pain or who require extra support. It is also perfect for individuals who prefer a traditional spring mattress feel over that of an all foam mattress. Mattress Insider specializes in custom and unique size mattresses. They have been manufacturing mattresses since 2008 and have serviced over 70,000 happy customers! Their customer service is 2nd to none, as customers rave about their quick response time and friendly staff. We have personally purchased mattresses for our RV from Mattress Insider and feel confident recommending the products they offer.
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
A great entry level memory foam mattress. Includes an organic cotton cover.
PRICE (for one side): $349
The Elation mattress is Mattress Insider’s least expensive mattress that they offer in a split queen size. It is important to note that this mattress is only 6″ thick. A 6″ mattress is great for occasional use or for lighter weight sleepers or kids, however, it may not be the best long term option for adults or heavier individuals. 6″ means there is less foam utilized for support and means the mattress will break down more easily. If you plan to sleep on your mattress every night you may be better off going with the option #2 pick for best memory foam mattress. If you are looking to save money and still get a well built entry level mattress then this mattress is a great pick for you. Mattress Insider is also a well known mattress manufacturer in the industry and has amazing customer service.
What is a "Split Queen" mattress?
A split queen mattress is simply a standard queen mattress that split in half into 2 separate mattresses. The split queen is comprised of 2 mattresses that each measure 30″W x 80″L. These 2 mattresses are set beside each other on a standard queen bed frame in order to make up a queen size bed that measures 60″ by 80″ in total.
Split Queen vs Standard Queen?
A split queen mattress and standard queen size mattress both ultimately measure the same size and will fit on the same standard queen bed frame. A split queen mattress is 2 half size queen mattresses that make up one standard size queen.
What is a Split Queen mattress used for?
Split queen mattresses are not as common as split king mattresses but they do exist. The purpose of a split queen mattress is either to accommodate 2 sleepers with different comfort preferences (i.e. one prefers firm while the other prefers soft) OR to go on top of a split queen adjustable base so that the two sleepers can recline/incline separately and independently. Split queens can be hard to find in the marketplace but they do exist.
What are the different types of split queen mattresses?
Split queen mattresses are available in a variety of different materials and comforts. This allows for customers to still be able to choose a mattress that meets their comfort and material preferences even with the customized size specs.
- Hybrid split queen: A hybrid mattress is a fancy way of specifying that the mattress utilizes innersprings as well as foam. This gives the sleeper the traditional bounce and support of a spring mattress while also providing pressure relief and comfort properties of a foam mattress. We recommend hybrid mattresses to the large majority of sleepers who don’t have any specific sleep needs.
- Latex Split Queen: Latex is known as the most “natural” option when is comes to mattress materials. Latex is poured form the rubber tree and is made without the use of harsh chemicals or additives that other products are made with. It is important to note that there are strict guidelines for mattresses in terms of chemical additives these days and many of the chemicals used in the past (such as Flame Retardant sprays) are no longer used on any mattresses.
- Memory Foam Split Queen: Memory foam has recently become very popular in the bedding market. The material was originally made for use by NASA and was ultimately used in mattresses due to its unique pressure relief and cradling properties. Memory foam has a very unique feel that some people love and others hate. If you have never tried sleeping on a memory foam mattress before it is important to note that the feeling it very different from a traditional spring mattress.
Split Queen Mattress Pricing
In general a split queen is sold as 2 separate mattresses and runs slightly more expensive than a standard queen mattress. Prices can vary from around $700 on the low end to $2000+ on the luxury end. If you are planning to spend every night on this mattress we always recommend spending slightly more on a mattress that will last.
Things to consider before choosing a split queen mattress.
There are a variety of options when it comes to a split queen mattresses on the market and it is important to think about your specific needs when choosing which may be best.
- Usage: How often will you be sleeping on this mattress? How long will it need to last? If you plan to sleep on this mattress for multiple nights in a row or want it to last for many years we recommend staying away from the entry level affordable mattresses. These entry level mattresses are intended for occasional use and won’t hold up as well as some of the higher end mattresses.
- Do you and your partner have different comfort needs? If you are looking for a mattress that provides 2 separate comfort options then you will want to choose a mattress that allows for 2 different comfort levels for each side.
- Material: Do you prefer a specific type of feel. The comfort level of Memory foam to innerspring mattresses or latex mattresses is all very different. It is important to understand what it is you like to sleep on before choosing a mattress that is right for you.
- Firmness: What firmness do you prefer? Many of the mattresses we provide on this list will allow you to choose a firmness or are built to accommodate the large 80% of sleepers who prefer to sleep on a medium-firm mattress.
Where to buy split queen sheets:
You can either use standard queen sheets on your split queen mattress or you can opt to go with custom fit sheets. Our favorite retailer for odd size sheets is mattressinsider.com. They have the best selection and provide great customer service. They also sell custom mattresses so they understand exactly the sizes you will need.
Where to buy a split queen mattress topper:
If you need a split queen mattress topper mattressinsider.com is the place to go and is honestly one of the only places that provides mattress toppers for odd size mattresses. You can choose to purchase a memory foam topper and can even add an organic cotton cover to it. However, be aware that purchasing a mattress for one side of your mattress will probably require split queen size sheets to hold it in place.
Alternative options for purchasing a split queen mattress?
What to do with your old custom mattress?
When you purchase a mattress online you are left to find a way to get rid of your old one. Luckily “A Bedder World” has mattress disposal services throughout the country. We work with mattress recycling centers to make sure your old mattress gets disposed of in the most eco-friendly manner possible. To date we have recycled over 500K mattresses. Book a pick up here. Or try recycling it yourself!
Split queen mattresses are very common in the industry, however, there are only a few retailers who provide them. All of the companies listed in this post are companies that we trust and that have great reputations within the sleep community. You can feel confident placing an order with any of them.