(Top 5) Best “Split Queen” Mattresses & Accessories To Buy Online: 30×80
If you are looking for where to buy a split queen mattress online you have come to the right place. With a rise in the online mattress trend over recent years, you are now able to easily purchase more custom and odd sized mattresses, including the split queen size (30″x80″).
You probably came across this post because you either have a split queen adjustable base or you have a queen size bed and two sleepers with different comfort preferences. A split queen mattress gives you the option to break up a queen into 2 pieces without having to increase the size to a more common split king option.
If you have been in the market for a split queen mattress you have probably realized that they are not very common in the marketplace. Luckily, we have done all the research for you and have listed our top picks for the best options on where to buy a split queen bed online.
Our list includes everything from luxury options to customizable options and budget friendly picks. We have done our best to make sure that by the end of this post you know who sells split queens and which mattress will suit your needs best.
Need Split Queen Accessories?
Best Split Queen Adjustable Base
Plushbeds M555 Split Queen Base
Split Queen Box Spring
Our Top Picks
Split Queen Bed Sheets
Best Split Queen Bed Sheet Set
Top 5: Best Split Queen Mattresses
1. The Botanical Bliss by PlushBeds
HIGH QUALITY PRESSURE RELIEF - 100% ORGANIC LATEX
The Botanical Bliss latex mattress by PlushBeds is a supportive and pressure relieving latex mattress at a very competitive price for the quality. Many competitors make their latex mattresses with other layers to save on cost, but the Botanical Bliss is made with 100% organic latex throughout the entire mattress. This provides high end support and pressure relief while also being 100% organic and hypoallergenic. This mattress comes in a variety of split king and queen options which makes it great for couples who have different sleep needs or for individuals who have different firmness preferences.
- All organic materials
- Easily unzip cover and reorganize layers to adjust comfort/firmness
- Made in the USA
What our testers are saying:
The Botanical Bliss mattress is the ultimate in luxury and organic materials. The latex layers provide a supportive base with high end pressure relief in the top layers. The various firmness levels can be split up on each half, which allows each sleeper in the split queen set up to have different comfort levels. Plush beds has made this mattress by adhering to the strictest organic regulations so you can be sure your sleep environment is free of chemical additives. Plushbeds has been in the industry for many years and is an industry leader in latex and organic sleep options. They are also one of the only manufacturers that offers their sleep product in split queen and other odd sizes. If you are looking for the ultimate in term of a luxury split queen mattress then this is the best of the best that money can buy.
2. The Dreamfoam Essential by Brooklyn Bedding (RV Bunk- 30″x80″)
This may be the best budget friendly mattress on the market. The combination of high density support foam and memory foam comfort layers makes for a supportive, pressure relieving sleep experience. If you like the feel of memory foam and are looking for an affordable sleeping option then this is the best mattress you will find. Brooklyn Bedding makes all of their mattresses in their own factories in Arizona and are able to cut out the middle man and offer customers factory direct prices.
- Budget friendly price point
- High quality, supportive memory foam design
- Made in the USA (Arizona Factory)
- Available in custom sizes and thicknesses
What our testers are saying:
The Dreamfoam Essential mattress is Brooklyn Bedding’s most affordable mattress that they offer in a split queen size. Don’t let the price point fool you, this mattress is still very well made and comfortable. Our testers are still surprised at how high quality this mattress is for the price point it is at. It is available in a variety of thicknesses from 6″ thick to 14″ thick. If you plan to sleep on it every night we would recommend at least 8″ thick and high recommend 10 or 12 inches in thickness for the most comfort. If you are looking to save money and still get a well built entry level split queen mattress then this mattress is a great pick for you. Brooklyn Bedding is also a well known mattress manufacturer in the industry and has great customer service if you have any questions.
3. The Cool Bliss Memory Foam Mattress by Plushbeds
The Cool Bliss memory foam mattress is a luxury memory foam mattress that comes at a very competitive price point. This mattress is 12" thick and utilizes 5 comfort layers for a rejuvenating sleep experience that provides pressure relief while sleeping cool. This mattress is made in the USA by the trusted Plushbed brand. It is highly reviewed and comes in a variety of split queen and split king sizes which make it great for couples or for putting on an adjustable base.
- Luxury comfort and support
- Sleeps cool
- Available in a variety of "split" sizes
- Trusted brand
- Made in the USA
What our testers are saying:
The Cool Bliss luxury memory foam mattress is a quality memory foam mattress at a great price. If you enjoy the unique feel of memory foam then this mattress is a great option for you. Plushbeds has made their most popular memory foam mattress available in a split queen size (30″x80″) as well as other split sizes. The cooling gel foam helps to regulate the sleeping temperature to help keep you sleeping cool during hot summer months.
4. The Park Meadow Pocketed Coil Mattress by Mattress Insider
BEST INNERSPRING OPTION
The park meadow mattress is a great mattress for customers suffering from back pain or who require extra support. It is also perfect for individuals who prefer a traditional spring mattress feel over that of an all foam mattress. Mattress Insider offers all of their mattresses in an array of different custom sizes. They are a trusted name in the mattress industry and have been making custom mattresses since 2008. The park meadow is made with individually pocketed innerspring coils which helps to reduce partner disturbance while still giving the support of an innerspring mattress.
- Available in any custom size imaginable.
- Pocketed coil innerspring unit for heavy duty support
- Reputable company with great reviews and customer support
What our testers are saying:
The park meadow mattress is a great split queen mattress option for customers suffering from back pain or who require extra support. It is also perfect for individuals who prefer a traditional spring mattress feel over that of an all foam mattress. Mattress Insider specializes in custom and unique size mattresses. They have been manufacturing mattresses since 2008 and have serviced over 70,000 happy customers! Their customer service is 2nd to none, as customers rave about their quick response time and friendly staff. We have personally purchased mattresses for our RV from Mattress Insider and feel confident recommending the products they offer.
5. Natural Bliss Latex Mattress By PlushBeds
Plushbeds is known throughout the industry for their high quality affordable latex mattress options. The Natural Bliss is their most budget friendly latex mattress and provides all the healthy benefits of a latex at a great price. The Natural bliss is available in multiple firmness options to suit all comfort levels and preferences. This mattress also has an organic cotton cover and is perfect for any individuals with allergies or who are sensitive to non-organic fabrics.
- 100% Natural Latex
- Organic Cotton Cover
- No glues or chemicals used
- Variety of firmness levels available
- Great value
What our testers are saying:
The Natural Bliss latex mattress by PlushBeds is a natural latex mattress that is available in the split queen option. The Natural Bliss allows you to get the luxury feel and health benefits of all natural latex while still also being at an affordable price when it comes to the latex market. This mattress is available in a variety of thicknesses from 6″ to 10″ and also allows you to choose your comfort level from soft to extra firm. If you do not know your comfort level we recommend choosing the medium-firm option as this is best for about 80% of of sleepers and is built to be the most forgiving for all sleeping types. Plush Beds has a strict focus on chemical free mattresses and has been an industry leader in the latex mattress market for years. Their combination of quality materials and affordable prices is what makes this mattress our top natural pick for a split queen.
What is a “Split Queen” mattress?
A split queen mattress is simply a standard queen mattress that split in half into 2 separate mattresses. The split queen is comprised of 2 mattresses that each measure 30″W x 80″L. These 2 mattresses are set beside each other on a standard queen bed frame in order to make up a queen size bed that measures 60″ by 80″ in total.
Split Queen vs Standard Queen?
A split queen mattress and standard queen size mattress both ultimately measure the same size and will fit on the same standard queen bed frame. A split queen mattress is 2 half size queen mattresses that make up one standard size queen.
What is a Split Queen mattress used for?
Split queen mattresses are not as common as split king mattresses but they do exist. The purpose of a split queen mattress is either to accommodate 2 sleepers with different comfort preferences (i.e. one prefers firm while the other prefers soft) OR to go on top of a split queen adjustable base so that the two sleepers can recline/incline separately and independently. Split queens can be hard to find in the marketplace but they do exist.
What are the different types of split queen mattresses?
Split queen mattresses are available in a variety of different materials and comforts. This allows for customers to still be able to choose a mattress that meets their comfort and material preferences even with the customized size specs.
- Hybrid split queen: A hybrid mattress is a fancy way of specifying that the mattress utilizes innersprings as well as foam. This gives the sleeper the traditional bounce and support of a spring mattress while also providing pressure relief and comfort properties of a foam mattress. We recommend hybrid mattresses to the large majority of sleepers who don’t have any specific sleep needs.
- Latex Split Queen: Latex is known as the most “natural” option when is comes to mattress materials. Latex is poured form the rubber tree and is made without the use of harsh chemicals or additives that other products are made with. It is important to note that there are strict guidelines for mattresses in terms of chemical additives these days and many of the chemicals used in the past (such as Flame Retardant sprays) are no longer used on any mattresses.
- Memory Foam Split Queen: Memory foam has recently become very popular in the bedding market. The material was originally made for use by NASA and was ultimately used in mattresses due to its unique pressure relief and cradling properties. Memory foam has a very unique feel that some people love and others hate. If you have never tried sleeping on a memory foam mattress before it is important to note that the feeling it very different from a traditional spring mattress.
Split Queen Mattress Pricing
In general a split queen is sold as 2 separate mattresses and runs slightly more expensive than a standard queen mattress. Prices can vary from around $700 on the low end to $2000+ on the luxury end. If you are planning to spend every night on this mattress we always recommend spending slightly more on a mattress that will last.
Things to consider before choosing a split queen mattress.
There are a variety of options when it comes to a split queen mattresses on the market and it is important to think about your specific needs when choosing which may be best.
- Usage: How often will you be sleeping on this mattress? How long will it need to last? If you plan to sleep on this mattress for multiple nights in a row or want it to last for many years we recommend staying away from the entry level affordable mattresses. These entry level mattresses are intended for occasional use and won’t hold up as well as some of the higher end mattresses.
- Do you and your partner have different comfort needs? If you are looking for a mattress that provides 2 separate comfort options then you will want to choose a mattress that allows for 2 different comfort levels for each side.
- Material: Do you prefer a specific type of feel. The comfort level of Memory foam to innerspring mattresses or latex mattresses is all very different. It is important to understand what it is you like to sleep on before choosing a mattress that is right for you.
- Firmness: What firmness do you prefer? Many of the mattresses we provide on this list will allow you to choose a firmness or are built to accommodate the large 80% of sleepers who prefer to sleep on a medium-firm mattress.
Where to buy split queen sheets:
You can either use standard queen sheets on your split queen mattress or you can opt to go with custom fit sheets. Our favorite retailer for odd size sheets is mattressinsider.com. They have the best selection and provide great customer service. They also sell custom mattresses so they understand exactly the sizes you will need.
Where to buy a split queen mattress topper:
If you need a split queen mattress topper mattressinsider.com is the place to go and is honestly one of the only places that provides mattress toppers for odd size mattresses. You can choose to purchase a memory foam topper and can even add an organic cotton cover to it. However, be aware that purchasing a mattress for one side of your mattress will probably require split queen size sheets to hold it in place.
Alternative options for purchasing a split queen mattress?
If you prefer not to purchase your mattress online you can look for custom mattress factories in your area to build you a mattress you can test out before buying. A couple custom mattress manufacturers you can check out in person are:
What to do with your old custom mattress?
When you purchase a mattress online you are left to find a way to get rid of your old one. Luckily “A Bedder World” has mattress disposal services throughout the country. We work with mattress recycling centers to make sure your old mattress gets disposed of in the most eco-friendly manner possible. To date we have recycled over 500K mattresses. Book a pick up here. Or try recycling it yourself!
Split queen mattresses are very common in the industry, however, there are only a few retailers who provide them. All of the companies listed in this post are companies that we trust and that have great reputations within the sleep community. You can feel confident placing an order with any of them.