© All rights reserved
(Top 4) Amazingly Comfortable Sofa Bed Mattress Replacements
Anyone who has purchased a sofa bed probably knows that the majority of sofa beds that come with the sofa you purchase are extremely uncomfortable. They are thin, poorly made and usually have you tossing and turning all night, with the feeling of springs or a metal cross bar poking into your back. Luckily, there are quite a few comfortable sofa bed mattress replacements that are high quality and extremely supportive. From memory foam to organic latex, we have listed our favorite and most comfortable options below.
What size is a sofa bed mattress?
The majority of sofa bed mattresses are what is called a “short queens” or (60″ wide x 72″ long). The average thickness required for the right fit is usually 4.5″ thick. Some sofa bed mattresses are custom or odd sizes so it is important to measure your specific mattress and order one that meets that same size specifications.
Can you buy a new mattress for a sofa bed?
Yes, you can purchase a new mattress for just about any sofa bed. It is important to take note of the current mattress that you are using and make sure the new mattress measures the same so ensure the right fit. While most sofa bed mattresses are a standard short queen size, some may be unique custom sizes. Luckily, there are many custom mattress manufacturers that will make mattresses in any size and thickness you can think of.
Do you need a special mattress for a sofa bed?
The mattress required for a sofa bed can generally be any type of mattress you desire as long as it meets the size requirements to fit the sofa. Latex, memory foam and spring mattresses are all options that will be listed in this post and that will fit great in your sofa bed.
How thick should a sofa bed mattress be?
The standard thickness for a sofa bed mattress is 4.5″ inches. This can vary from sofa to sofa so it is important to measure your unique sofa mattress to know which one will fit for you.
Things to consider when purchasing a sofa bed replacement mattress
A replacement sofa mattress is something you or your guests will be very grateful for. It will improve sleep quality 1000% and can turn an uncomfortable sleeping option into one of the most comfortable in the house. With that being said it is important to take a few questions into consideration before purchasing your replacement mattress.
- Material – Do you have a specific type of feel or material that you require? Do you like the feel of memory foam? Do you want organic latex or a bamboo cover? It is important to know the materials you are looking for to help narrow down which company you plan to purchase your mattress from
- Size and thickness- Measure you current sofa mattress and make sure you purchase the same size mattress as a replacement. You want to make sure your new mattress will fit snugly as if it were meant for your sofa. Luckily, most sofa mattresses are a standard short queen size.
- Quality – How often do you plan to sleep on this replacement mattress? Do you need it to last? Will it be sleeping heavier sleepers or children? All of these questions are important to ask. There are a variety of qualities and prices when purchasing a replacement sofa mattress and the quality you need will help you determine how much to spend. In general the higher priced item the more comfortable it is, the more weight it will hold and the longer it will last.
(Top 4) Best Sofa Bed Mattress Replacements
What Customers love: Very high quality. Made with natural latex. Over 100 5-star reviews.
Multiple Sizes Available
PRICE: $329 - $449
Plushbeds is well know in the bedding industry for their high quality natural sleeping products. Their natural latex sofa mattress is probably the highest quality mattress you can get for your sofa. The mattress is 4.5″ thick and is made with natural latex and a CertiPUR-US certified Plushfoam support layer. This mattress is made to support a 250lb adult without them feeling any bars or springs beneath them.
- 4.5″ Thick
- Available in different sizes
- Made in the USA
- Made with Natural latex. Non-toxic with no chemical fillers.
- Odor Free
- Superior pressure relief
- Sleeps cool
BEST LUXURY NATURAL OPTION
What Customers love: Natural latex and wool materials with a luxurious tufted futon feel.
Variety of sizes available:
A futon mattress has a slightly different feel than a standard mattress. They give a more firm feel and don’t generally have as much give or bounce as a foam or innerspring mattress. Many people prefer a futon style mattress over a standard mattress and say that it has a more “luxurious feel”. The futon sofa mattress is perfect for a sofa bed because it is firm enough to help hold a sleeper on top of the metal bars beneath.
- Custom Sizes To Be Used With Traditional Pull Out Sofa Beds
- Anti-Microbial & Dust Mite Resistant
- Zero Chance Of Off Gassing
- Pressure Relief
- 100% Chemical Free
- 4.5 -inch medium Firm Latex Replacement Mattress
- 15-20 year life expectancy
- Incredible infusion of support and durability
- Chemical Free Latex
BEST MEMORY FOAM OPTION
What Customers love: Comfortable and supportive memory foam feel. Great quality for the price.
Available in a variety of sizes
The “Original Sofa Mattress” is a comfortable memory foam sofa mattress at a reasonable price. The mattress usitilizes a supportive base layer of foam and a top payer of memory foam to support and cradle even the heaviest of sleepers. This sofa mattress is a perfect replacement mattress to use for guests or the occasional sleeper who you want to have a comfortable and great nights sleep. Guests will be wowed by how comfortable and supportive this mattress is.
- 4.5 inches of premium memory foam and CertiPUR certified Plushfoam.
- Reduces pressure points, providing forgiving support for your shoulders, hips, back and knees.
- Dense, closely knit cell structure guarantees that your sofa mattress won’t sag and will ALWAYS return back to its original shape.
BEST BUDGET FRIENDLY OPTION
What Customers love: Great price for quality. Much more comfortable than an original sofa mattress.
Variety of sizes available PRICE: $199-$299
This sofa mattress is the 4.5″ thick and utilizes standard poly foam to keep you comfortable and supported. If you are looking for a comfortable replacement mattress that will be used occasionally and will be better than the mattress that came with your sofa this is the mattress for you. It may not be the most comfortable mattress on this list but it does provide a great value and comfortable nights sleep for the price. COnsider this mattress and entry level option that would be great for kids or the occasional guest who stops in for the night.
Need a custom size sofa mattress?
Do you need a special or custom size sofa bed mattress? Maybe you want a different thickness or a specific length or width? MattressInsider.com is the best place for custom size mattresses of any kind. They can make a sofa mattress of any thickness, and length and any width. You also can choose from a variety of materials and comfort levels.
Disposing of your old sofa mattress
Now that you have purchased a new sofa mattress you may be wondering how to get rid of the old one. Luckily we provide just that service! A Bedder World has provided mattress disposal and recycling services throughout the country for over 9 years. Simply book a mattress pick up online, put it outside and let us take care of the rest. We have recycled over 500K mattresses to date and have saved millions of sq.ft. of landfill space.
Overall, finding a replacement sofa bed mattress is easy and affordable. You can find a variety of options to suit your sleeping needs and budget. Whatever you do choose is going to be more comfortable than what was provided with the sofa when you bought it. Just make sure you measure and pick the right size.