9 Brands That Use Fiberglass in Their Mattresses + (Alternative Options)
See our top picks for the best budget friendly mattresses WITHOUT fiberglass HERE.
While fiberglass is a somewhat common material used in mattress fire barriers, more and more people are becoming concerned about it. Especially when they find it shedding into the exterior of their mattress where they rest their head.
If you are unaware of fiberglass in your mattress and you remove the cover, you can unleash all those glass particles through your house and risk breathing them in.
So what can you do? You can educate yourself on which brands use fiberglass and choose to buy mattresses without fiberglass just to be safe.
Well today, we are here with a list of common and popular mattress brands that use fiberglass in the fire barrier of their mattress.
Keep reading to find out who these brands are so you can make the right choice for you when purchasing your mattress.
Common Brands That Use Fiberglass In Mattresses
Let’s dive straight into today’s article! When it comes to fiberglass mattresses, most of the best sellers, especially on Amazon, use fiberglass.
Why? Well, most of these mattresses are affordable memory foam mattresses, the type of mattress most likely to have fiberglass in it.
The brands that we have listed below have all confirmed that they use fiberglass in their mattresses, or fiberglass is listed on the materials list of the mattress.
Who are the brands with fiberglass? Let’s take a look!
Now, many of these mattresses are affordable, making them a good option for anyone on a budget. Some of them are quite comfortable too, but they all contain fiberglass!
If you do purchase one of these mattresses, make sure that you never remove the cover and that a mattress protector is used at all times.
This will protect the integrity of the cover and keep those fiberglass particles where they belong!
How To Spot Fiberglass in a Mattress
There are a few ways that you can spot a fiberglass mattress before you make your purchase.
We have a few tips and tricks you can use to spot a fiberglass mattress before you buy your mattress.
Whether you buy your mattress on Amazon or another website, we have some tips you will find useful. Let’s take a quick look at them now,
Buying A Mattress On Amazon
- Look at pictures customers have uploaded as part of their reviews. You can usually find pictures of the mattress care tags stating whether there is fiberglass in the mattress or not. Here, you need to look for ‘glass fiber.’ this will usually be followed with a percentage, letting you know the percentage of fiberglass in the mattress.
- Check out the question-and-answer section on the mattress. Usually, the manufacturer will respond to questions directly, so you can find out if there is fiberglass in the mattress. We recommend only taking the word of answers given by the manufacturer, rather than other customers.
Buying A Mattress On Another Website
- Look for mattresses that come with removable covers. Usually, mattresses with fiberglass will have a cover that can’t be removed.
- Speak to customer service for the mattress brands. They can usually give you a straight answer quickly, whether it is through a live chat, email, or phone. Most online mattress sellers will have good customer service so you can generally rely on them to get you the answer you need.
- Keep an eye out for natural materials. Mattresses without fiberglass will opt for natural materials, like organic or natural latex. These will often have organic wool and cotton as their fire barrier.
When shopping for your mattress, keep these tips and tricks in mind. It will help you to cut through the pages and pages of mattresses and find ones that don’t contain fiberglass!
Don’t forget to also check out product descriptions and any images posted of the mattress tag.
The list of included materials will be displayed here, allowing you to see easily whether or not fiberglass is used!
And there you have it, the most common and popular brands online that use fiberglass in their mattresses.
Most of these brands tend to be the affordable option, so you might need to spend a little more to find a mattress without any fiberglass in.
Be sure to check your budget beforehand to ensure you can afford the mattress.
Don’t forget to use our tips and tricks when shopping for your mattress so you can spot easily which one has fiberglass in by making use of customer photographs, reviews, and customer service you can cut hours off your mattress searching time and find one that is perfect for you!