© All rights reserved
Best RV Short Queen Mattress Topper to Buy Online 2021
What is a “short queen” mattress topper and where can you buy one?
Many of the mattresses that come standard in an RV aren’t of the highest quality. If you prefer not to spend the money to buy an entire new replacement mattress, you may opt to purchase a mattress topper instead. A mattress topper is generally a piece of foam that goes on top of your mattress in order to provide an additional layer of comfort and support. You may have noticed that RV’s have odd or custom size mattresses, most commonly an RV short queen size mattress. This makes it slightly harder to find a mattress topper that is a short queen size (75″ x 80″). However, with the rising trend of online mattress companies and the ability for mattresses and sleep products to be compressed and shipped in a box, there are quite a few more options available. In this post we have curated a list of all of the best short queen mattress toppers on the market so you can easily find one that suits your needs. This list includes RV queen mattress toppers of every kind from latex to memory foam.
Top 8: Best 60"x75" Mattress Toppers for RV Short Queens
BEST LATEX TOPPER
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
Natural latex with natural bamboo cover. Quality natural topper at a great price.
Brooklyn Bedding is the company that owns MattressTopper.com. They have been in the mattress industry since 2008 and make all of their products locally in Arizona out of their own factory. This means they can cut out the middleman and give you a quality mattress topper at a great price. Latex is considered the most natural and healthiest option out of all of the mattress foams. It is made from the rubber tree and free of any chemicals additives. Latex also has great support and bounce, giving a more traditional feel than that of memory foam. This latex topper by MattressTopper.com is available in a short queen size and is coupled with a natural bamboo cover to give it a soft, natural and hypoallergenic benefits. If you are looking for the highest quality natural topper for your RV then this is your best bet.
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
Quality gel memory foam topper at a great price. Available in any custom size.
(Optional organic cotton cover for extra $60)
Mattress Insider specializes in custom mattresses and toppers for rv’s, boats and many other applications. Their gel foam mattress topper comes in any custom size you need. it is 3LB density which is a quality topper that will support the large majority of sleepers needs. This topper is $209 for a short queen size and also allows customers to choose a organic cotton cover for an additional $60. If you enjoy the feel of memory foam and need a little extra comfort for your RV mattress then this is a great option for you.
BUDGET FRIENDLY OPTION
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
Easy to remove and roll up for storage. Affordably priced.
The 2″ gel foam topper by Mattress Insider is their most affordable topper that they offer. It is available in any custom size you need and can easily be rolled up for storage or easy portability. This topper comes standard with an organic cotton cover and includes custom size elastic straps to fit any thickness of mattress. If you are looking for an affordable way to enhance the comfort of your rv mattress then this is the topper for you.
WHAT CUSTOMERS LOVE:
A very comfortable medium-firm memory foam mattress at an affordable price.
Quahog Bay Bedding is known exclusively for their custom size bedding products. Their RV mattress topper is an elastic fit topper that you put over a mattress to give it a more plush or “softer feel”.
This topper is 100% made in the USA and is perfect for restoring older mattresses, softening firm mattresses or cooling hot mattresses. The Mattress Pad is constructed using a 123 thread count 100% cotton cover which is both stain and moisture resistant. Inside the pad you will find a generous fill of cooling advanced hypoallergenic cluster down fiber. This filling has the feel of authentic goose and duck down without the feathers, poking and allergies. Plush 1.5 inch thickness and pillow top construction.
What size is a topper for a "Short Queen" mattress?
A short queen mattress topper measures 60″ wide by 75″ long.
Short Queen vs Standard Queen?
A short queen measures 60”W by 75”L. This is 5” shorter than a standard queen mattress which measures 60”W by 80”L. Many RV’s utilize a short queen mattress in order to maximize usable space.
What is a Short Queen mattress topper used for?
Many RV’s are short on space and therefore use what is called a short queen mattress rather than a traditional mattress. A short queen is 5″ shorter than a traditional queen and allows for more usable space within the RV while still allowing enough room for 2 sleepers. What most customers realize when purchasing an RV or camper is that the mattress that comes standard in the RV is not very comfortable and is often just a cheap piece of foam. Many customers will opt to purchase a mattress topper to go over the mattress in order to provide more comfort. A mattress is a great affordable option for making a mattress more comfortable without having to spend the money on a brand new mattress.
What are the different types of short queen mattress toppers?
Mattress toppers are available in a variety of different materials and styles in order to meet the needs of all sleepers and preferences.
- Latex Mattress Topper: Latex is known as the most “natural” option when is comes to mattress materials. Latex is poured form the rubber tree and is made without the use of harsh chemicals or additives that other products are made with. It is important to note that there are strict guidelines for mattresses in terms of chemical additives these days and many of the chemicals used in the past (such as Flame Retardant sprays) are no longer used on any mattresses.
- Memory Foam Toppers: Memory foam has recently become very popular in the bedding market. The material was originally made for use by NASA and was ultimately used in mattresses due to its unique pressure relief and cradling properties. Memory foam has a very unique feel that some people love and others hate. If you have never tried sleeping on a memory foam mattress before it is important to note that the feeling it very different from a traditional spring mattress.
- Mattress pads:Mattress Pads are generally thinner than a mattress topper and fit over the mattress with an elastic band, similar to that of a fitted sheet. A mattress pad is generally used to make a mattress more plush or softer.
Short Queen Mattress Topper Pricing
In general a mattress topper for your short queen is going to run anywhere from $150 to $500. The more expensive products are usually thicker and utilize higher density foams, which means they will hold up longer and be able to support. larger weight loads.
Things to consider before choosing a mattress topper for your. RV.
There are a variety of short queen mattress toppers on the market and it is important to think about your specific needs when choosing which may be best.
- Usage: How often will you be sleeping on this topper? How long will it need to last? If you plan to sleep on it for multiple nights in a row or want it to last for many years we recommend staying away from the entry level affordable toppers. These entry level products are intended for occasional use and won’t hold up as well as some of the higher end topppers.
- Does your mattress have custom cut corners? If your mattress has custom cut corners your options will be more limited to one or 2 retailers.
- Material: Do you prefer a specific type of feel. The comfort level of Memory foam or latex toppers is different. It is important to understand what it is you like to sleep on before choosing a mattress that is right for you.
- Firmness: What firmness do you prefer? Some of these toppers will give you more support while others strive to simple make your mattress feel a little softer.
Alternative options for purchasing a custom mattress topper?
What to do with your old mattress topper?
When you purchase a mattress online you are left to find a way to get rid of your old one. Luckily “A Bedder World” has mattress disposal services throughout the country. We work with mattress recycling centers to make sure your old mattress gets disposed of in the most eco-friendly manner possible. To date we have recycled over 500K mattresses. Book a pick up here. Or try recycling it yourself!
Short queen toppers are very common in RVs and there are quite a few high quality companies providing options. All of the companies listed in this post are companies that we trust and that have great reputations within the sleep community. You can feel confident placing an order with an of them.