How to Get Rid of a Mattress in Mesa AZ (5 Local Options)
If you are looking to get rid of a mattress in the Mesa AZ area you have come to the right place. In this article we will cover 5 options that residents can use to get rid of a Mattress in Mesa. Mattresses have become much harder to dispose of in recent year, as many landfills and donation centers will no longer accept them. In this post we have included options from a statewide curbside mattress recycling service to donation centers and drop off locations.
Option #1: A Bedder World Mattress Recycling – Curbside Pickup
A Bedder World is a statewide mattress pick up and recycling service, offering curbside mattress removal for Mesa residents 7 days a week.
You can easily book and pay for a pick up online (book a pick up here) with 100% upfront pricing. Then on the day of pick up simply put your items outside and the team will come by and grab it along their route.
You can also book a pick up of box springs, bed frames, futons, toppers, hospital beds, bedding and more.
To date Bedder World has recycled over 1 million mattresses and has helped to save over 26 million sq.ft. of landfill space.
- Serving the entire Mesa area (Phoenix, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, Glendale, Scottsdale, and much more)
- Over 1 million mattresses recycled to date
- Easily Book and Pay for a pickup online with 100% upfront pricing.
- Curbside Pick up 7 days a week
- Residential & Commercial Services
Option #2: Donate it (2 local charities accept mattresses)
PLEASE NOTE: While these donation centers do accept mattresses, they MUST be in good to great condition to be donated. We always recommend calling or contacting the donation center first to make sure your mattress items will be accepted before taking them to the location.
Donation option A: Bridging AZ
Bridging AZ is a local non-profit in Mesa that accept mattress donations that are in good to excellent condition. Due to size constraints of most of the living situations that the donations will be going to they only accept twin and full size mattresses.
Instructions for donations:
Please send pictures to
Drop off usable furniture at our warehouse
Tuesday through Saturday 7:00 – 2:00
Not sure if your donation is right for Bridging? Please ask- email@example.com
Donation option B: St. Vincent De Paul
The St. Vincent De Paul Mesa thrift shop location offers lightly used and new furniture to the community at a discount. They will accept mattresses and box springs in very good condition. You can drop off your items at their facility or schedule a pick up. NOTE: They do not accept beds that are electric, hospital, water, or Sleep Number
2352 W. Main Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85201
Tues-Sat | 10am – 6pm
Tues-Sat | 10am – 4pm
Option #3: Drop at The Local Landfill
We always recommend recycling or donating your mattress before dumping it in the landfill. Mattresses do not break down efficiently and take up a lot of unneeded landfill space. But sometimes the landfill is the only option. If you decide to use the landfill for disposal of your mattress, Mesa residnets can take advantage of the Landfill use program once a month to drop waste. Read about the landfill use program in Mesa below:
Landfill Use Program:
City of Mesa Solid Waste customers can use the Residential Landfill Use Program to receive a discounted rate at the landfill once per month.
Who can use the program?
- Current City of Mesa Solid Waste customers with rate codes R1.2, R1.26, or R1.29.
- Customers must present a copy of their current or previous month’s Mesa utility bill and a valid driver’s license. The name and/or address on the utility bill must match the driver’s license. Online billing customers may show their utility bill on a mobile device but for faster service, a printed copy is recommended.
- The Residential Landfill Program allows Mesa Solid Waste customers to dump up to 2,000 pounds of non-hazardous waste once per month.
- Upon using this service, a $15 charge will be added to your next Mesa utility bill.
- If your load exceeds 2,000 pounds, you will be charged for the entire load. Credit is not given for the first 2,000 pounds.
- Loads must be covered or securely tied down. Customers will be responsible for paying surcharges associated with uncovered loads
- SRPMIC Salt River Landfill
- 13602 N. Beeline Highway (Gilbert Rd. and the Beeline Highway)
- Open Monday – Saturday 6:00 am – 5:00 pm. Closed on federal holidays.
- Republic Services Mesa Transfer Station
- 6711 S. Mountain Rd. (Pecos and Mountain Rd.)
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 3:30 pm; Saturday 6:00 am – 11:30 am.
Option #4: Sell or Giveaway on Craigslist or Facebook
There is a large market of people in the Mesa area and across the country looking to save some money on a lightly used mattress rather than spending hundreds or thousands on a new one. If you mattress is in good condition and can be used by someone else you may want to consider selling it or giving it away on craigslist or Facebook marketplace. This is a great way for you to get the mattress off your hands and for someone else to get a great deal.
Be sure to take some nice clear photos and highlight any perks the mattress has. Also let potential buyers know that the mattress does not have any stains or bed bugs.
Option #5: DIY Mattress Recycling
Feel like taking on a small project and saving some money and the environment? Why not recycle your mattress yourself. We have a whole guide here.
First you will want to cut off the cover and separate the metal and foam inside.
The foam can be cut up and taken to a local carpet manufacturer where they will shred it up and use it to make carpet padding. Be sure to call around first as not all carpet manufacturers will accept used foam from the public.
The metal inside can be dropped at any scrap metal yard where they will melt it down and recycle it. They may even give you some cash for it.
We hope this article helped you to find a way to get rid of your old mattress. There are a variety of services available in Mesa for you to choose from, all for people with different budgets, mattress conditions and transportation capabilities.