Get Rid of a Mattress in Nashville, TN (5 Local Options)
Nashville has begun to implement a lot of new regulations when it comes to mattress disposal. Many landfills and donation centers no longer accept mattresses due to sanitary concerns and their inability to compress and break down in landfills.
If you are looking for how to get rid of a mattress in Nashville you have come to the right place. We have included a list of 5 local services/options that residents can use to get rid of a mattress. From a curbside mattress recycling pick up service to donation and drop-off recycling locations there is an options for everyone and every budget.
5 Ways to Dispose of a Mattress in Nashville
Option #1: A Bedder World Mattress Recycling (Nashville)– Curbside Pickup
A Bedder World services customers within a 50 mile radius around the city of Nashville as well as all of the state of Tennessee.
You can easily book and pay for a curbside pick up online HERE. Then put your mattress outside by 8am on the day of pick up and the team will grab it.
To date the company as a whole has recycled over 1 million mattresses and saved over 26 million sq.ft. of landfill space.
You can book with A bedder World to take mattresses, box springs, bed frames, toppers, futons, bedding, pullout sofas and more.
- Serving a 50+ mile radius around Nashville
- Over 1 million mattresses recycled to date
- Easy curbside pick up
- Book and pay online
- Residential and Commercial Services
Option #2: Drop off For Recycle at Springback Nashville
DAVIDSON COUNTY DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
Must be a Davidson Co. resident. *$8.00 PROCESSING FEE*
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Tuesday– Saturday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
- East Center (East Nashville)
943A Dr. Richard Adams Drive, Nashville TN 37207
- Anderson Lane Facility (Madison)
939A Anderson Lane, Madison, TN 37115
- Omohundro Facility (Central)
1019 Omohundro Place, Nashville, TN 37210
- Ezell Pike Facility (Antioch)
3254 Ezell Pike, Nashville, TN 37211
Option #3: Donate it (Must be in good condition)
IMPORTANT: Many donation centers have become VERY strict about the mattresses that they do accept. Your mattress must be in extremely good condition and almost new to be considered. We recommend calling first to make sure they will accept your donation.
Here are some donation center options to consider donating a mattress to in Nashville:
- Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee – Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee is a nonprofit organization that accepts donations of clothing, household items, and furniture. They have several donation centers located throughout the Nashville area, and some may accept mattresses. To find a donation center near you, visit their website at giveit2goodwill.org.
- The Salvation Army – The Salvation Army is a nonprofit organization that accepts donations of clothing, household items, and furniture. They have several donation centers located throughout the Nashville area, and some may accept mattresses. To find a donation center near you, visit their website
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore – Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a nonprofit organization that accepts donations of furniture, appliances, and building materials. They have several locations throughout the Nashville area, and some may accept mattresses. To find a ReStore location near you, visit their website.
Before donating your mattress, it is important to check with the organization to make sure they will accept your mattress and to find out any specific guidelines or requirements for donations. In addition, it is recommended to donate only mattresses that are in good condition, as organizations may not accept mattresses that are stained or damaged.
Option #4: Sell Or Giveaway on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace
If your mattress is in usable condition you will almost certainly be able to find someone to take it off your hands on craigslist or facebook. New mattresses are expensive and there are a lot of people looking to save a buck on a lightly used one.
Be sure to take nice clean photos and ensure potential buyers that there are no stains and no bed bugs. Also, we always recommend to meet someone at a public place and be smart and safe when using any of these apps to sell to an unknown person. Happy selling!
Option #5: DIY Mattress Recycling
If you want to take on a small project you can always recycle your mattress yourself. To do this you will cut off the cover and separate the foam and metal springs inside.
You can take the metal to a local scrap metal yard in Nashville like Franklin Metals where they will weigh it and give you cash based on the total weight. The metal then gets melted down and recycled.
You can cut up the foam and put it in a bag and bring it to a local carpet manufacturer, where they will shred it up and use it to make carpet padding. Be sure to call first, as not all carpet manufacturers accept foam from the public.
We hope that these services and options give you a way to get rid of your mattress that works for your specific situation and budget. Nashville has a lot of great options for mattress disposal if you know the right places to look.
If none of those options work you can always call your local Nashville trash service and order a bulky item pick up but note that your items will likely end up in the landfill.