Do you have an old mattress you don't know what to do with? Let us help you. With Arlington's large population and close proximity to DC, it is one of the easier places to get rid of a mattress in the country. From responsibly recycling your mattress yourself to having someone pick it up and get rid of it for you, there is an option that suits everyone. We have tried and tested the 4 options below in Arlington, VA to get rid of that junky old bed!
1. GoLoadUp.com (In-Home Mattress Removal/Recycle)
- Serving the Arlington area as well as Rosslyn, Penrose, Waverly Hills and Westover.
-In-Home Mattress & Junk Removal Service.
-20%-30% Less than major junk companies.
- Over 2.5 million mattresses recycled.
-Click here and enter "SAVE5" at checkout for $5 off
Go Load Up began as a mattress recycling company and grew in to a full service on-demand junk removal service. They focus on being eco-friendly and have recycled over 2.5 million mattresses. LoadUp offers mattress and box spring removal to all areas in Arlington in addition to Rosslyn, Penrose, Waverly Hills and Westover.
Go Load Up makes it very easy for anyone in Arlington to get rid of a mattress. Whether you are in an apartment complex in the city or have a strict HOA they can work around your location and schedule.
2. Arlington's Local Trash Pickup - Bulky Item Policy
You can put out your old mattress and/or boxspring with your regular trash pickup (you do not need to request a special pickup). This option does have your mattress ultimately end up in a landfill. If you dismantle the mattress and/or boxspring with the metal coils separated, the materials can then be recycled. If you do separate the metal from the rest of the mattress, you need to schedule a special pickup by calling 703-228-6570. (The metal will be picked up free of charge).
3. List your Mattress on Northern Virginia Craigslist
People do buy lightly used mattress on craigslist, particularly if your mattress falls into the below categories:
- Stain free- the majority of people do not want to purchase a mattress with stains.
- Make, Model & Year- Provide as much info. as you can on when and where you purchased the mattress as well as any additional details you have. This includes, how often it was slept on, if it was in a guest bedroom, etc.
- Low Price Point- On Craigslist people are looking to score deals. The "better deal" you offer, the quicker your mattress should be taken off your hands.
4. DIY Mattress Recycling
Mattresses are big, bulky items that take up a great deal of space in landfills- if you want to get rid of your mattress while being environmentally friendly, this is a great option for you. Wondering how to go about disassembling a mattress? Our friends at Hunker have you covered. They provide a step-by-step guide that walks you through the process from start to finish.